Today is Husband’s 27th birthday. In honour of this momentous occasion, I thought I’d share 27 reasons why I love him so very much.
- Despite your steely resolve and usual stoicism, you cried on our wedding day. It meant a lot.
- You are incredibly honest and principled.
- You always work hard to make things perfect, even the little things.
- Related to that, you do cute things like adding garnish to our plates when you make me a wonderful dinner.
- You’re a fantastic cook.
- You’re modest and humble.
- You’re stylish enough for the pages of GQ.
- You will occasionally watch and discuss trashy television with me, and sometimes even enjoy it.
- You can talk to and get along with just about anyone.
- You’re excited to be a dad – and I know you’re going to be a fantastic father.
- You’re always on the side of the underdog.
- You are the world’s best cuddler.
- You treat me like a true equal, always sharing in the household chores.
- You always save all the best flavours of Fruit Pastilles for me.
- When I’m having a rough day, health-wise, you take care of me, make sure I’m well-fed, and help me relax.
- You have big dreams.
- You’re fiercely intelligent.
- You’re so incredibly sexy.
- Despite insisting you’re ‘not a cat person’ – I regularly catch you cuddling with our kittens and calling them lovey nicknames. It’s cute.
- You sing in the shower.
- You’re a voracious reader.
- You’re passionately interested in the world around you.
- You play the banjo.
- You have a natural eye for design and beauty.
- You’re frugal.
- You share my values.
- I would be so proud if our future sons turned out like you.
I love you.